Popular Posts

Friday 28 June 2013

Swedish sushi nights and art galleries

I love Sweden. It's unfairly attractive blue eyed people and mass of sushi places. We had a beautiful time. 2 days, free to do as we please (gig got cancelled due to festival being pulled- not complaining!) Arrived not very fresh off the boat to the hotel about 7am. Questioned sleep instead went for a swim and sauna. Showered then straight out to wonder round, buy all the tourist toot (whizbag and Lydia, you have so many presents!!) abuse H&M and eat pistachio ice cream. 



Sam's been here few times before and knows a restaurant The XX opened and has a superb reputation as being the best sushi place in whole of Stockholm. Did not disappoint. Can't even describe the epicness of delight my taste buds went through. Food I hadn't even dreamed of (braised tempura ox cheek, what!) sweet potato and squid sashimi uhhh I was so happy. 


Yesterday I wanted culture so dragged Sam to the Museum of Modern art, amazing! Jean Paul Gautier exhibition including all the original templates and draw ups for Madonna's blonde ambition 90's corsets. Discovered 2 new artists that I'm now in love with. Saw original Eva Hesse, Warhol and Bacon (love! Love! Love!) I was so happy and pottered around all afternoon. In the eve I enjoyed even more sushi and got an early night, anticipating the 6am wake up call today woo it's gravy. Back to work world now. Currently say waiting at the airport, flights delayed, chicken Kiev will have to wait. All my love and kisses to back home. Seen footage of Glastonbury, looks wet! Good luck to all that are there. Strange, mind that hole !!! Lots of love x

No comments:

Post a Comment