Popular Posts

Thursday 27 May 2010

IN GRAN CAN WITH MY PORKCHOP MAN!

Hiiii guys, sorry haven't updated this since I've been here. Today's the first real chance I've had to sit down with internet useage as Tim doesn't get the net in his room so I have to lug his laptop down to a internet cafe whilst he's at work. So! How is everyone? I miss everyone but it's so great getting your emails - loved hearing about Sev's eventful Irish bar night - bet he felt right clarity of mind and rosy the next day!

So Gran Can is the tackiest place I've ever been! Hahaha you all knew I'd hate it, and I do, but it's so good to see Tim and for what it's worth, it's all very tongue in cheek and aware it's a shit hole and the people are lovely, the food's disgusting and the music is awful. Vodka redbull is 1 euro though and I had my first vodka lime and soda last night for 5 euros i got 2 tripples so can't complain!

Tim works ridiculously hard. I didn't appreciate what his job actually entailed and god, I never see the boy! He looks great but heavily exhausted and his hair's gone ever so (worryingly) ginger and he's lost a lot of weight.. He is however, having the time of his life and really really enjoying being on stage every night. Due to being the only straight male rep I know he's also enjoying all the female attention lol (SLAG!) but no, really great to see him and so good to catch up. Like I said, barely get to see Tim but utilising my time wisely, working on mine and Fern's project (going to be immense!), catching up on my reading and soaking up the sun, working on me tannnn. Seriously, never been this brown! You'll be pleased to hear I haven't burnt (properly) ONCE since I've been here! Lather my tats in sun cream several times a day as the sun fades them horribly and I've already lost a bit of colouring in my bird but I am definitely a sexy mocha colour and impressed my skin can take Gran Can heat!

Took a little tour of the island, which I learnt, can fit in the m25, did you know that? Yep, the whole island can be placed in the centre of the m25 and still wouldn't cover it ha! So what is island life like? Hmmm well, first off, mummy would die or be critically ill if she lived here. Think Blackpool in the sun, think Brits, lots of them, all sunburnt wearing a lot of gold jewlry, over-weight, saggy boobs, beer belly flab, bad bad tattooes (a lot of Chery Cole hand ones) and times it by a million thousand AND HERE I AM! haha no it's ok, for what it's worty it's all very self aware and kitsch, knwoing it's awful so people out here make the most so can't complain!

Have so much admiration and respect for Tim - could never do what he does. He wakes up every morning (apart from Wed where he gets a day off, and Sat he only gets the morning off), and is on poolside by 10am-1pm, entertaining the kids, playing table tennis, water polo, whatever with them. Gets 2 hours off for lunch, then back out 3-5pm. 2 hour break then, 7.30-12am he's in the bar hosting the nightlife and performing on stage! Credit to him, he works hard and the shows are really good, he can dance now! haha no, i'm realy proud of my little chop and although wanting to capture him and bring him home, exceedingly proud he's doing what he wants.

One thing I am really bemused at is the fact there are pigeons here.. Now I don't know about you, but flying however many miles, being an hour off the coast of Africa, I didn't really expect to see London sky rats everywhere. And they are EVERYWHERE. Dirty rendels, hate them. There's cockroaches as well apparntly but thankfully I haven't had to encounter one (yet!). If I do, it's going straght down the toilet into a life of a Hell.

So not much else to report. As I mentioned, working hard trying to get mine and Fern's project underway - watch this space! Can't beleive how much everyone smokes out here, or how cheap tobacco is. Haven't had a cigarette since.. I don't know, a week? nearly.. not much but conisdering I'm travelling and quitting as soon as back in Uk! am determined not to but by Goddddddddd I WANT ONE. Shan't do it though, take that most addictive substance known to man! Yeahh..

Standard love and misses to all. Going out tonight with all the hotel reps so will no doubt have some questionable stories to report tomorrow! Hope you're all Ok and keeping England warm for me. Ciao xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment