Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 June 2010

AS A JOKE

Just a quick one as I'm actually still at Fern's parents place and I've been sat with the family laptop at the kitchen table for an hour now, emailing people, but promised I'd write more on here so

HI! HOW'S IT GOING?

Still loving Valencia and so glad I got to visit Fern's mums place in the mountains and then get shown how to navigate the metron into the town centre, get shown around and generally get a real feel of the place. We went to a chocolate restaurant (that's right, a restaurant DEDICATED TO CHOCOLATE!) and it was just amazing. I had profitera rolls (cna't spell!) and Fern had a bowl of the most beautiful melted white, vanilla chocolate! Swiss choc eat your heart out! One of the best things I've ever experienced.

It's about 34/35 degrees out here so still quite hot! Totally get why Spanish have siestas, although quite annoying when you want to go to the shop and grab a bottle of water around lunchtime etc. Everything shuts 2-4pm here for lunch and just so people can escape the heat. Most start work at 8/9am through until they have siesta break then return 4ish and stay open till 8.30/9pm. Makes more sense than the English way I suppose but then guess we don't have intense heat to avoid!

Spent a lot of time working with Fern on getting our book underway and draft ideas finalised- Having so much fun and amazing how quick stories are flooding back from our tragic Langton/Ashford Girls youth! We bounce and work so well together and have such a positive feeling and excitment about this!! First real thing I've beleived in a long time. The first million is the hardest remember. *Best motivation quote!*

Note to Charley - yes of course I was being sarcastic ROMANCE IS DEAD. Good luck with your fianl show btw and wish I was there to see it. Take lots of pics for me and don't show the children - you know they get scared by your art!!

Miss you all and love you too. Sorry post is a bit shit, will write more when back at Fern's which should be sometime Friday. Mum I replied to your email. Last series of Big Brother tonight right? Like anyone gives a shit.

Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment