Popular Posts

Thursday 17 June 2010

Look at me and your father!!

Hola!

Squiffy! Last night out in Valencia as going to be good and rest up, reserve steam for my flight on Saturday. Kings I can't wait to see you my Spanish bat!!

Today was great - Fern and Dan organised a BBQ with all of Dan's work friends so we busily cleaned the whole house, preped the upstairs roof terrace and made it vodka friendly. Ate my first bite of steak in about 100 years. Literally two bites then remembered I was eating a cow. I SUCK AT BEING A VEGETARIAN!! But I am trying. Really.

Last night was questionable. I couldn't sleep so sampled a valium.. few hours later, and not that I remember, woke up screaming and burst into Fern and Dan's room. Vaguely recall waking up in the kitchen looking at my hands, then it was 1 in the afternoon and I was in bed. Apparantly high temperature and altitude mixed with valium doesn't mix very well! Definitely slept walked and embarrassed myself at 5 am. All good though, they found it highly entertaining. Needless to say I remember jack shit of it.

So BBQ tonight was lovely. There are so many English people that have packed up and left to come live here. They all work at the main bar MAGNUMS out here which is predominantly British but does attract a lot of local attention. Majority of the staff are from Bournemouth and came out here because one of their dad's brought the bar and started running it a few years ago. Basically, everyone hates England and prefers living out in the sun. I don't blame them. I love England, you know I do but I do appreciate there's other places to live than Brighton, Kent and Allexton. Even though I love them all.

The book thing is really taking off and I can't tell you how excited I am about the prospect of actually publishing it. Fern's publishing firm has already expressed interest *hence the promo shoots and scares me to think might actually have to start sticking to deadlines and giving character shorts on all the contents etc Don't get me wrong, really confident about the whole idea but it's becoming really real now and actually feels attainable! Best thing ever as anyone that's close to me knows my number one passion is writing *well, apart from food!! But yeah, all going great and Fern's really inspiring to work with so all good and that front. Can't complain and we shall have to see what happens. Fingers crossed though!

Had a brief but lovely chat with Sev last night on the phone - miss you so much. Glad things are sorting themselves out re:flat and Westlife etc Can't tell you how excited I am to move into St Mary's. Must be the only person in the world that looks forward to living on their own but at least it encourages me fully to concentrate on my final year and not get distracted or bitch slapped by the commute from Brighton everyday. I miss Lydia and people so much. Knowing it's her birthday party on Sat and I'm missing it makes me feel shit but know she's going to have amazing time and people PLEASE take lots of photos and get her vodka drunk for me!! I know I'm the only Russian but trust the wanks to ensure she has a birthday to remember and yeah, I miss you all and love you more than soya milk or peanut butter and jam on toast in the mornings so smash it for me.
Love love x

No comments:

Post a Comment